redfish is a multi award-winning digital content creator which specialises in producing short and in-depth documentaries in collaboration with people involved in grassroots struggles worldwide to build an alternative to the ruling capitalist system.
We are looking for freelance social media content creators/producers who are skilled in finding and presenting stories using video, stills, graphics and motion design that will resonate widely across our communities on social.
The position requires someone who is both passionate about the social media space and our r’aison d’etre of centering the interests of oppressed people through story-telling.
Along with a solid knowledge of all established and emerging social media platforms, we are looking for people who have a track record of content creation for news media organisations.
- At least two years experience in social media content creation for news media organisations or progressive campaigning organisations with a big presence on social
- Thorough understanding of TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter and at least one year experience working with these platforms.
- Knowledge of SEO, Google, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok analytics
- Excellent copywriting skills and an understanding of how to optimise copy for our audience and platform algorithms
- An understanding of redfish’s brand and content
- Available during CET time zone office hours to communicate with our team in Berlin.
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite and social analytics tools a plus
Qualities of the successful candidate
- A passion for, and knowledge of the past and present stories of oppressed peoples worldwide
- An ability to innovate new content
- A vested interest in disrupting the media industry’s bias towards the “rich, male and pale”
- An ability to set priorities and adapt when changes are required
- Excellent time management skills and adept at handling multiple tasks in parallel
- A positive, collaborative and communicative mindset
- Can proactively tackle challenges and problems and can come up with creative solutions
- Feels at home working in a a constantly changing environment with tight deadlines
Please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to jobs [at] redfish.media, with the subject “social media”